Should you go to a chiropractor for your sports injury?. Many believe that they only have to see a chiropractor when they go through an injury or merely when it is recommended by their doctor. The truth is that, seeing the absolute best Sports Injury Chiropractor in Hornsby often has a great deal of advantages; improved performance in addition to reduced aches and pains.
You will be pleased to understand that we care for athletes and sports people all over Berowra, and Wahroonga areas.
Reasons Should You See a Sports Chiropractor?
Excellent sports superstars know exactly how crucial it is for them to go to a chiropractor regularly. Chiropractors understand that these kinds of manipulations go a long way in improving their performance together with aiding them in their sports injury recovery. That is why many of the best professional teams around the world have an in-house sports chiropractor on retainer.
Finding and regularly visiting a reputable and professional chiropractor may be one of the best ways you can make your daily life better.
Visiting a Hornsby Sport Chiropractor ensures that you can perform better and be injured less often.
5 Reasons why you should seek out a sports chiropractor:
- Perform better.
- Less Injuries.
- Professional athletes make a habit of checking out the best chiropractors you will find because they have realized it helps them perform even better, recover quicker, run harder and improve times. Seeing a professional chiropractor on a regular basis goes a long way in helping professional runners, cyclists and triathletes to prevent over use injury; to speed up their healing time following an injury; greatly improve their coordination and balance while competing, and ultimately giving them a more significant competitive edge.
- Chiropractors help manage long-term sports injuries.
- Something many people do not realize is that pain, be it immobilizing or just simply discomforting, is often the very last symptom of a long-standing problem within the body. By the time you figure out to seek the advice of the best Chiropractors you might have been suffering an unstable skeletal system or spine or back for months without knowing it. It is also important to note that just because you are not hurting does not mean that you are well. Chances are you could be performing better.
Old Sports Injuries Result in Biomechanical Compensation and Poor Performance
Your body compensates as soon as you sustain an injury. It’s a defense mechanism. It does this by tightening other muscles and joints. For example, the persistent pain in your shoulder could be the result of a direct injury to your shoulder; it could also demonstrate your body’s compensation for spinal-joint movement limitations in your neck.
Return to Your Sport Faster
Regular chiropractic care, combined with rehabilitation help your athlete return to full sport faster and avoid future re-occurrence.
Plenty of athletes are sidelined because of injuries that could be avoided, or sitting out on the bench because their injury is not responding well to routine treatment. Or what about if you are still playing, but still in pain During many sports, body contact, fast stops and starts, and positioning place an unusual amount of strain on the spine and structural bones and joints of your spine and body.
Furthermore, taking painkillers that temporarily relieve you of the pain does not mean that the underlying injury or biomechanical problem is cured. These sort of background problems persist for much longer than most people realize. Going to a chiropractor routinely is your best chance of discovering if you have concealed biomechanical problems that need addressing before it is too late. Failure to do so will only leave you more vulnerable and susceptible to further injury and even immobility.
What Sport Injuries Can Chiropractors Treat?
- Knee pain
- Lower extremity tendonitis
- Low back ache
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Neck pain
- Sprains and strains
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Tennis elbow, golfers elbow
- Sciatic pain
Something worth noting, injuries like back pain, disc injuries and pain radiating down your leg, can certainly greatly reduced your sports performance and ability to train.
All training forces go through your spine, either from your legs to your arms to generate force. Or from jumping and landing.
Improve Your Sports Performance.
Sport Chiropractors can assist you jump higher, run longer, throw longer, swim quicker, greatly improve your triathlon times and the swim, ride and run, ride better and longer.
Sports that benefit most from Chiropractic Treatment
- Ironman and Triathlon
- Long distance running and Marathon events
- The game of Golf
- Football and Rugby League
- Swim competitions
- Playing tennis
What is an ‘Adjustment’ and does the ‘pop’ hurt at all?
One of the most common things that keeps a lot of sports people from going to a chiropractor is the anticipation of pain. Couple that with the fact that most people believe that once they start seeing a chiropractor they will be doing so forever, and many will shy away. The truth is that chiropractic adjustments do not hurt. Well that is not true. You don’t need to go to the chiropractor forever.
Even though it is recommended to make frequent visits to the best chiropractors, it is not an obligation. Our job is to treat you quickly, make sure we get you away from pain and back onto the sports field, how much time this takes will depend on the severity of your injury. It could take two visits or it could take many more. Of course, habitual care and continued chiropractic treatments will help you remain in optimal condition, but your will never be forced to continue for longer than you desire.
We are the very best clinic around. So you will be in excellent hands using National Chiropractic as your local sports chiropractor in Hornsby NSW, Berowra, and Wahroonga areas. Give us a call today and start your wellness journey in the hands of a professional.